Another Estevez!! But A GOOD Wiggle....Questions?

dorotheascloset

Registered Guest
A) This is a real REAL wiggle!! Past the knee, no slit or kick pleat. Saucy!

B) The shoulder has two knotted pieces atop each separate piece creating the opening (which is the same in back).

103_7656.jpg

103_7660.jpg

So. The question (and I will add labels tomorrow at the shop, there is the Estevez and a shop label from Paoli, Penn), is this. The metal side zip is on the right! So, do we think its because the way the dress is designed the angled opening would pucker oddly if the zip was on the left as is common, or, was it custom made? And 50s or into 60s?

Thanks guys!!!!

Ang

Oh, looking at the label resource I see pre-'68 the label had Grenelle on it? This label is like the late 60s one. That surprises me as this has a metal zip and looks earlier in construction.

Ang

Aloha from SF.

I tried on a very, very gorgeous blue print wiggle skirt Estavez cocktail dress at the Vintage Fashion Expo this afternoon. Sadly it was smaller in the hips than I am!! Oh, well. There was a second label but I don't remember what it was, but the dress was very '50's. I plan to go back tomorrow and if it's still there I will post what it reads.

I'm having a great time - met Maggie (Denisebrain) and Anna Newman and several of my jewelry list friends. I went to the YSL Show yesterday. It was amazing. I highly recommend it for anyone within driving distance of the DeYoung. The show closes on April 5th, and this is the only US city where it will be shown. If you can possibly go -don't miss it!

Linn

Hmmmm. Do you guys think we're wrong on the label resource? It says the Grenelle name was on his labels 'til '68.

Thats a great link, Vertugarde!

Angela

The dress that doesn't fit me at the Vintage Fashion Expo also has Grenelle on the label. I think it's a late '50's dress. Very small tight skirt (:

Linn

Ang, your dress looks late '50s although that back is very low: too low to wear a bra so that makes me think more modern. The labels look mid to late '60s to me.

Perhaps the zipper on the right is a custom job for a left handed wearer? find them very occasionally, in fact we just sold a '50s dress with a short zipper on each side.

Oh: it's a killer dress too!

Nicole

Back