Artemis label slip (no Gossard)

forever52

Registered Guest
Just trying to clarify information regarding Artemis label and confirm date of navy blue, full slip. I did not find a label for Artemis without the Gossard here on VFG. I am supplying pic of my garments label.

I found that Artemis and Gossard merged companies perhaps early 60's? VFG states Gossard is still in production yet I found a different source that Artemis is no longer in production so a bit confused on that.

From my research, I believe this slip is 1950's. Metal sliders for adjustable straps.
Please confirm or correct my findings here and any more info on garment is appreciated, as always!
art 1med.jpg
art 3.jpg
art 1med.jpg art 3.jpg
art 1med.jpg
art 3.jpg
Thank you

Attachments

• artm1.jpg
    artm1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 280
  • 20201120_094027.jpg
    20201120_094027.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 210
I will also quick ask about an ivory slip (Artemis), very similar in appearance as this one, but with a side metal zipper. 40's 50's?

Last edited:
@ Ikranieri. Thank you so much for your time in providing that information. Very helpful in clarifying the merging of the companies.
Not sure if the label I uploaded is useful to VFG, or if I need to add it to the labels thread, or if someone else does that, but hope it can help someone else out. The blue slip just sold and I had it listed it about 1950's

Back