D & G 1982 Suede Label - Help Please Pictures added 2-3-11

A

allyson

Hi - I'm new to this site.

I'm hoping someone can help me with this label. It looks like D & G 1982. I purchased about 4 pieces with this same label. They're all suede/leather.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you few more pictures (they're awful - I'm sorry). The skirt has a very wide belt and it's lined. The jacket has pockets - almost hidden pockets - they're inside the jacket and their opening is toward the back of the jacket. All the items are leather/suede, only the skirt has a lining. It almost looks like the stripe design is painted on - I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm leaning in the direction that Circa mentioned too, that it was done by a New York artisan. The woman who sold them to me had no idea where they came from. Thank you for your input.

Thank you all for your help.

I don't know how to make my pictures larger. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

<center>

</center>
<center>

</center>

DSCN1959.jpg

<table border="0" width="160" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="http://w243.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2kyNDMucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy9mZjExMi9BbGx5c29uOTk5X3Bob3Rvcy9EU0NOMTk1OS5qcGc%3D" width="160" height="120"/></td></tr><tr valign="middle"><td align="left" style="border: none;">
see_more.gif
</td><td align="right" style="vertical-align: middle; border: none;"></td></tr></table>

It can't be from 1982 if its Dolce & Gabbana because they weren't even together at that point. D&G started in late 1985 - I think their first collection was actually 1986.

I don't know the labels, but they look home made: perhaps a local artisan or designer? Professional labels are usually printed or woven. There's slight differences in how each of the letters have been written.

Do you have any photos of the other items? The one you have looks like a t-shirt, an unlikely garment to have in leather or suede as it wouldn't be comfortable to wear.

If you got them from the same source, I guess the seller wasn't able to tell you anything about them?

Nicole

Actually, I doubt they're leather or suede - can you tell if they're a faux or fake leather/suede like Ultrasuede or leatherette perhaps? It seems a bizarre choice of material for a tshirt.

N

Back