Did Diane Von Furstenberg make sleeveless wrap dresses in the 70s?

bluevelvetvintage

VFG Member
Have a cute 1970s DVF wrap dress in floral rayon/cotton. But it is sleeveless. Anyone know if she designed sleeveless wrap dresses back then? Or was this maybe altered? I did find a photo of her wearing a a dress with the same print, but different style. So at least I have the decade right!

dr4112v1-70s-dvf-floral-cotton-rayon-wrap-dress.png

dr4112v6-70s-diane-von-furstenberg-label.png

Here's an image of the inside of the armhole.

dr4112v6-v8.png

ClEYOXbWEAAH8V1.jpg

Am i right that the armhole finishing is the one around the neck on the dress form, in the photo showing the reverse?

The finishing on the armhole looks well done, but it is different from that on the other edge. It appears to have narrow serging, and be folded once. Whereas the other edge, the neckline if if I'm interpreting the photo correctly, is turned twice. Therefore it being altered does seem possible. Maybe because of pit damage...

Am i right that the armhole finishing is the one around the neck on the dress form, in the photo showing the reverse?

The finishing on the armhole looks well done, but it is different from that on the other edge. It appears to have narrow serging, and be folded once. Whereas the other edge, the neckline if if I'm interpreting the photo correctly, is turned twice. Therefore it being altered does seem possible. Maybe because of pit damage...

Yes, the the serging is around the armhole. But the armhole is only 16" in circumference. So I don't think fabric was cutaway for pit damage. There is also serging on the waist seam.

Back