Emilio Pucci Vintage Scarf - Never Used - but no Tags

Regan Hentz

Registered Guest
Hi All - new to this site and to vintage products! I'm trying to buy a vintage 1970s Emilio Pucci scarf and while it's in the original packing - the scarf has no labels sewn into the scarf, ie the Emilio Pucci tag, washing instructions and material tag. The seller insists it's authentic and original. Again - I'm new so I'm leery of buying anything without tags. Any insight you have would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks - RAH

Welcome to the VFG! On what basis is the seller identifying the scarf as Pucci? Sometimes I believe he used his name as part of the print.

Welcome to the VFG! On what basis is the seller identifying the scarf as Pucci? Sometimes I believe he used his name as part of the print.
Thank you for response! The seller is selling as authentic EP as it comes in the original retail packaging from 1970s. Yes - EP's name is in the scarf and it does appear to be beautifully kept and never used. It's just the lack of any labels sewn in that has me concerned.

Hey I also have this one, got it from a friend...But I was wondering if its authentic cuz there's no label at all just the name Emilio written all over the scarf. Hope someone will help.

Attachments

• IMG_20210216_165927.jpg
    IMG_20210216_165927.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 169
Hmmm tough one. Depends on the price really. If it's sensible I would buy it and do the research later. But if it has no tags, but there's a box... I don't know... and it's expensive. I would be cautious. It's a risk. I wouldn't buy anything without tags or labels if I wouldn't be sure (seen a photo of the same thing with a tag or on a model, runway ad etc) because you're making it harder on yourself to resell it in the future.

Hmmm tough one. Depends on the price really. If it's sensible I would buy it and do the research later. But if it has no tags, but there's a box... I don't know... and it's expensive. I would be cautious. It's a risk. I wouldn't buy anything without tags or labels if I wouldn't be sure (seen a photo of the same thing with a tag or on a model, runway ad etc) because you're making it harder on yourself to resell it in the future.

I got it long ago from a millionaire friend so I doubt it's fake but it's possible... I wanted to sell it but everyone will be skeptical cuz there's no label

Back