Hat box (and other pretty things) for dress-up-box gift

Robin of Frocksley

Registered Guest
I'm hoping one of the lovely sellers on here can help me: I am searching for a nice clean pretty vintage hat box for a holiday gift for my niece. I plan on putting a pair of her great-grandmother's tiny white gloves and a pale pink feather boa inside of the box and would also love to find a girly pair of vintage sunglasses and/or a sparkly necklace. My niece loves pink, purple and everything flowery and sparkly so things like that.

In shirt: Looking for a pretty vintage hat box in good shape. Also would love a fancy necklace and glasses!

Thanks!!

Hi there. We have one in the shop. What is your price point?

Thanks! That's a great question, Cin! I'm thinking up to $40 for the box alone, up to $80 for the right glasses and necklace along with the box.

Edit to add that I am flexible on prices, as I do love her dearly and want to get the very most perfect things!!

Hi,

That Schiaparelli box is great! If the Schiaparelli is out of your price range, I have a lovely vintage pink floral hatboxe from the 1940s - 1950s time period for $25. Pale pink roses and rose buds with sage green leaves, and silver gilt scrolling. Still has the green satin cording and handle. I also have a hand printed flowered wallpaper hat box from the 1930s but the price is $75.00 on that one.

Sorry for the quick photos, it is dark and cloudy here today. The box is not so dark or yellowed as it may look here.

This is such a lovely idea you have for a gift!

Attachments

• box1.jpg
    box1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 302
  • box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 315
  • box3.jpg
    box3.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Hi,

That Schiaparelli box is great! If the Schiaparelli is out of your price range, I have a lovely vintage pink floral hatboxe from the 1940s - 1950s time period for $25. Pale pink roses and rose buds with sage green leaves, and silver gilt scrolling. Still has the green satin cording and handle. I also have a hand printed flowered wallpaper hat box from the 1930s but the price is $75.00 on that one.

Sorry for the quick photos, it is dark and cloudy here today. The box is not so dark or yellowed as it may look here.

This is such a lovely idea you have for a gift!

Thank you both! The Schiaparelli box is fabulous, but I was picturing a softer pink (and love the floral pattern!) so your box is perfect, Barbara!

How can I arrange to purchase it from you?

So happy to have found the right box! Thanks again, ladies!!

Back