Help dating Pendleton wool woman's shirt and are the buttons original?

LaurenMG

Registered Guest
Hi Everyone,
Not sure about this one for dating and wondering if these mother of pearl-y buttons would be original? Thanks for any help.
Lauren

Attachments

• IMG_E8222.JPG
    IMG_E8222.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_E8224.JPG
    IMG_E8224.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_E8221.JPG
    IMG_E8221.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_E8228.JPG
    IMG_E8228.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_E8229.JPG
    IMG_E8229.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 81
Lauren, This is a 49er jacket, which Pendleton made for women, starting in 1949 and continuing to the present. They can be hard to date because the style hardly varied. The large dark shell buttons are definitely original—that's a signature feature for this style. The Woolmark label (https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/woolmark/) was first used in 1964, so the jacket is newer than that.

Living in the Pacific Northwest, I have had quite a few Pendletons pass through my hands. The big flat MOP buttons are pretty common on the women's jackets in my experience, although typically a lighter gray.
Does yours have thin little self fabric shoulder pads? The original 49ers did.

ETA: I overlooked the Woolmark logo! Maggie D is correct.

Living in the Pacific Northwest, I have had quite a few Pendletons pass through my hands. The big flat MOP buttons are pretty common on the women's jackets in my experience, although typically a lighter gray.
Does yours have thin little self fabric shoulder pads? The original 49ers did.

ETA: I overlooked the Woolmark logo! Maggie D is correct.
There are three little stitch remnants on each inside shoulder where something has been removed. (which I hadn't noticed til you mentioned shoulder pads!)

Back