Help with dating 80s/90s Escada Couture line/collection

Miss Fendi

Registered Guest
Hello Everybody,

I recently got an Escada Couture gown from a late distant relative. It is Escada Couture from (most likely) the 80s or early 90s. I have seen a few other Escada pieces from that time online, that feature the same distinct sunflower embroidery. So, I am guessing, it is part of a specific line/collection (e.g. F/W 1982). Is there any way to find out, which line/collection the dress belongs to?
I am new to vintage fashion and forums, so please excuse any potential weirdness ;-)

Thank you very much in advance!
Cheers,
Kat

Attachments

• IMG_6006.JPG
    IMG_6006.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_6007.JPG
    IMG_6007.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 248
There are only two labels on the dress - see pictures below. I hope this helps.
Thank you very much!

Attachments

• IMG_6010.jpeg
    IMG_6010.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_6011.jpeg
    IMG_6011.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 243
Thank you all! May I ask, why you think early '90s? Is it the rather "simple" design and clean lines ? (I am new to this and try to learn as much as possible)

The long skirt mostly: they were out of fashion in the '80s but made a return in about '92. Plus the clean lines, as you say.

In the photo it looks like it has a 3/4 side split, which also made me think early '90s but you haven't mentioned it so it's probably just my imagination. But the look is setting off memories of the time.

The long skirt mostly: they were out of fashion in the '80s but made a return in about '92. Plus the clean lines, as you say.

In the photo it looks like it has a 3/4 side split, which also made me think early '90s but you haven't mentioned it so it's probably just my imagination. But the look is setting off memories of the time.

Thank you again! This is so interesting! You are correct, it has a very long side split (almost up to the hip) :-)

Back