Just 2 more sets , Pendletons suits

retro_threadz

Registered Guest
I apologize for the many request today, but I would rather be sure of my years before I make them public. Im sure you all know where Im coming from. So far, Ive been right but its nice to have that ease of assurance. But alas for tonight I have 2 suits from Pendleton. Im assuming the first one is from 50s but not quite sure of the 2nd Im guessing 60s as it looks newer to me.

Thank you so much

`````````````

I think those both might be from the 80's. Mid to late 80s business wear was knee length or below skirt and shorter (above hip) jackets with the obligatory ascot tie blouse (yes, I wore that uniform as a corporate America A/R director - I had big hair too :D ) . The label on the second one is definitely an 80's Pendleton label.

I agree with Mary above on the dating... I think Pendleton are tough to date, because the styles are classic and though they change with the overall trends of their eras, they don't typically exhibit any overstated or blatant style effects. And the labels look "old" even on their newer things!

Back