Mannequin? Dress Form?

foofoogal

Registered Guest
I love to see all the eye candy on a daily basis from all the great vintage dealers here.
May not be able to ask this but I follow a few to drool.
Dorotheas Closet and Timeless Vixen Vintage.
So now my ?

I would love to find the dress form with the wood on top that Timeless uses on her shop
or
The mannequin one Dorothea uses. Without a head is it even called a mannequin?
Years ago I bought a vintage manni w/o hands and have given up trying to find them at this point.
It is going to be my Christmas present this year so does anyone know where I can find either or both?
Thank anyone for any help. Sandy

And I third the suggestion for Roxy Display--I've gotten 2 or 3 things from them, including a dress form and my newest mannequin. I think I got my hat-display head from them too. They are very good--and their prices can't be beat!

Hi Sandy!

My next mannequin is going to be a collapsible shoulders dress form, preferably 50's. I am tired of having to fight getting dresses over the shoulders!

Wolf Form co has a knob at the top of theirs. http://www.wolfform.com

Sandi

I never got my mannequin from Roxy display and when I contacted them they said, "please let us know if it shows up, or when it doesn't" a month later. Then everything hit the fan with my "illnesses" and pregnancy so I was out $150 and no mannequin :-(

But I may try them again as they are the cheapest and this time demand they ship with insurance.

...eye candy on a daily basis from all the great vintage dealers here.
May not be able to ask this but I follow a few to drool.
Dorotheas Closet and Timeless Vixen Vintage.

Just to clarify, Ang/Dorotheas is a long time member of VFG. Timeless Vixen is not a VFG member.

I personally love the vintage WOLF dress forms and have hunted all mine down through antique malls and Craigslist :) You'll see a few on Ebay pop up here and there but they can fetch a pretty penny.

I started out as a custom dressmaker and milliner so I had quite a few of the vintage wolf forms, which is what I tend to use now. I got mine from a sewing machine repair shop that catered to home sewers as well as the industry. They also sold refurbished machines. If you have a sewing machine repair person near you ask them to keep an eye open.
Melody

If you are looking for a new dressmaker form, like a Wolf, but at a more affordable price check out PGM at (link removed by Admin)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back