No label, red wool hooded zip up jacket

Slimewarp

Registered Guest
me again, with yet another piece that I can't identify. There are no tags or labels, so it must be handmade. It has an old dry cleaning (or something similar) tag attached with a local name and # which i have tried contacting to no avail.
It feels like wool, i guess it could be polyester. Its heavy and itchy, unlined except for the hood which is lined with what i assume is polyester? (still not so great at telling the diff between types of synthetics, but im learning as much as I can!)
The zipper is "AERO" brand, and the back of the pull seems to say "US", which leads me to think its a 60s piece, assuming the zipper is original which it appears to be by the condition (bottom of the zipper is coming unsewn from the jacket).
There are 2 zipper pockets as well, and the hood has a drawstring.
what do you all think? And can you give me your opinions on if that looks like a wool fabric or specific kind of knit? Thanks!
red hoodie front.JPG
red hoodie back.JPG
red hoodie inside.JPG
aero zip front.JPG
AERO zip back.JPG
DSC_2024.JPG
DSC_2044.JPG
DSC_2033.JPG
DSC_2032.JPG

I remember my mom having something very similar in the late 50s / early 60s.

Awesome! Any idea what the fabric lining the hood might be? I get confused with liner fabrics. It's shiny and on the medium weight side, there's just so many options. I know most buyers don't even care but I like to learn.

Looks like an acetate... man made.
Thank you! Is that one of the more common linings used in vintage outerwear from that era? I have several pieces with lining that feels and looks similar. I have tried the burn test but i am so bad when it comes to trying to identify the smell... hah

Back