Panhandle vs Panhandle Slim vs Brooks and Dunn?

Secondlifestitches

Registered Guest
Hello! I’ve been lead to this forum because I’ve been trying to find information on a Western style shirt I found at a secondhand shop, and I’m not finding any concise info. The tag says “Panhandle,” but when I do an image search of the shirt I keep getting “Brooks and Dunn” or “Brooks and Dunn by Panhandle” but none that look like the tag on my shirt. Are these the same company? Did Brooks and Dunn change their name to Panhandle? Thanks for any info! Looking forward to using this site more.
IMG_8079.jpeg
IMG_8076.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8084.jpeg
    IMG_8084.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 55
It says Westmoor Manufacturing. They own Panhandle which USED TO BE Panhandle Slim.

I wonder if you're getting Brooks & Dunn because they made this style popular? They brought a jazzy rodeo/Nascar style to the western shirt.
Ooh I see. I used google image search and so many results came back with Brooks and Dunn, so it looks like I went down the wrong Rabbit hole! And today I learned what MFG stands for.. doh! Thanks so much for the info!

Here is the connection between Panhandle and Brooks & Dunn..

"Jan 1996 - Touting the company's longevity is the goal of the advertising campaign now breaking for Fort Worth-based Westmoor Manufacturing, maker of the Panhandle Slim brand of western apparel.
......Westmoor is celebrating its 50th year of business, and in addition to its Panhandle Slim line, Westmoor markets the brands Mo Betta, Denum, Brooks & Dunn and Rough Stock."

Last edited:
Here is the connection between Panhandle and Brooks & Dunn..

"Jan 1996 - Touting the company's longevity is the goal of the advertising campaign now breaking for Fort Worth-based Westmoor Manufacturing, maker of the Panhandle Slim brand of western apparel.
......Westmoor is celebrating its 50th year of business, and in addition to its Panhandle Slim line, Westmoor markets the brands Mo Betta, Denum, Brooks & Dunn and Rough Stock."
aHA! Very interesting!

Back