Does anyone know if this is authentic?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Carmen San Juan Lorié

Registered Guest
I bought a pucci skirt that is very well done. The border is sewn in, the label is authentic (unless that is also reproduced?) The print detailed, vibrant with thin lines around the designs. The seams undetectable. All good signs and even still has a price tag attached. Although I do collect pucci, I do not know the history of his prints and signatures well enough to authenticate a questionable piece. It is signed "Emilio" throughout. The signature looks perfect, except I found a scattering of "pucci" signatures??? As far as I know he never used his last name because of his family history. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0962.JPG IMG_0962.JPG IMG_0973.JPG IMG_0974.JPG IMG_0975.JPG IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0979.JPG
IMG_0978.JPG
IMG_0975.JPG
IMG_0974.JPG
IMG_0973.JPG
IMG_0962.JPG
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0977.JPG

Nice skirt. We do not authentic here but I can tell you the labelling is more recent. Are there any care symbols? If so, post a photo and we may be able to narrow down a date.

I understand. Really just curious if anyone has seen "Pucci" on any of his prints? And I also wonder if after his death, was his name still being signed onto the prints? And yes, the label is newer yet the print doesn't seem like a recent look. This piece is really throwing me off. I think it might be a counterfeit

IMG_0980.JPG

I agree - these labels look fairly modern. I only have experience with vintage Pucci. Casor seems to be one of the many Italian companies producing garments for designer labels. I couldn't find much about them online . Trademarkia says the trademark was filed in 1986, first used in 1976.

I agree - these labels look fairly modern. I only have experience with vintage Pucci. Casor seems to be one of the many Italian companies producing garments for designer labels. I couldn't find much about them online . Trademarkia says the trademark was filed in 1986, first used in 1976.
Thank you! Thats a start. The printing of his last name is what I find so odd? would you happen to know o a guide book or where I can research the signature? I have tried every search title I could think of and checked every page. Its such a mystery.

I can see a UK size 10, what does the waist measure? how far it is from current sizes may help to indicate how modern it is.

Yes, I also have seen the EPRF. I don't know what to do. I don't want to list it without knowing & im hitting dead ends? But I thank you for the information you offered. If I ever find an answer I will post it here. Thanks again!

When Mr. Pucci was alive, I always wrote for an interview anytime we went to Florence. The first visit I visited the workrooms and interviewed him. He was fascinating with many interests. He was very talented and one of the first to develop rtw techniques for sewing silk knits. Many, if not most, prints were printed as scarves; and if you look closely, you can see seams in various places so the scarf prints were nicely placed.
In the photos here, there is a seam next to the yellow stripe on the collar and lapels; the evening gown was a scarf print. At the hem, the worker was sewing a band around the skirt so it would be more attractive.
He was great at cutting the fabrics apart and sewing back together more attractively.

upload_2018-8-27_8-26-11.png

Attachments

• 1074967_10200948517128725_1235191876_o.jpg
    1074967_10200948517128725_1235191876_o.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 268
When Mr. Pucci was alive, I always wrote for an interview anytime we went to Florence. The first visit I visited the workrooms and interviewed him. He was fascinating with many interests. He was very talented and one of the first to develop rtw techniques for sewing silk knits. Many, if not most, prints were printed as scarves; and if you look closely, you can see seams in various places so the scarf prints were nicely placed.
In the photos here, there is a seam next to the yellow stripe on the collar and lapels; the evening gown was a scarf print. At the hem, the worker was sewing a band around the skirt so it would be more attractive.
He was great at cutting the fabrics apart and sewing back together more attractively.

View attachment 93763

it does have the scarf trim. the main issue is with the signing on the print. it is signed "Emilio" but also "Pucci".
do you know or have seen any piece signed both Emilio & Pucci throughout the fabric?

Back