Rébere of Mayfair London Label ID

Joanne Walter

Registered Guest
I have no info nor can I find any on this label. Has anyone seen it or have any information on it? It's from a 50's coat I believe. But I need more info on the label to be sure.

Attachments

• IMG_3809.jpg
    IMG_3809.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 145
Are there any other labels? Do you have any pictures of the entire item?
Thank you for having a look. There are no other labels anywhere but here are some photo's of the entire garment. I've done a burn test, it is 100% wool.

Attachments

• IMG_3848.jpg
    IMG_3848.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3849.jpg
    IMG_3849.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3851.jpg
    IMG_3851.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3852.jpg
    IMG_3852.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3853.jpg
    IMG_3853.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 134
I tried to look but wasn’t able to find anything. Lynne @lkranieri may be able to help

Thank you for your (undeserved) suggestion I might be able to help. I saw the request earlier and tried to find anything at all about Rebere, but found nothing. Yesterday I searched again during the long drive to what will be our next house and I found only a few little bits about the label. In light of what little I found it seems the reason for the dearth of information may be due to the fact they were only in existence for a couple of years. I found nothing at all that gave any history of the business, but the first reference I found was in a 1957 ad:
RebereLondonAd1957.jpg

I then found a few 1958 ads, all similar:

RebereLondonAd1958.jpg

and, finally, this 1959 ad advertising a deep discount on Rebere items, which suggested to me the line was being discontinued and/or going out of business:
RebereLondonAd1959.jpg

The only other thing I found was this undated reference to a Rebere ballgown. I don't subscribe to Invaluable, so I was not able to see more detail about the gown:
RebereBallgown.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for your (unwarranted) suggestion I might be able to help. I saw the request earlier and tried to find anything at all about Rebere, but found nothing. Yesterday I searched again during the long drive to what will be our next house and I found only a few little bits about the label. In light of what little I found it seems the reason for the dearth of information may be due to the fact they were only in existence for a couple of years. I found nothing at all that gave any history of the business, but the first reference I found was in a 1957 ad:
View attachment 130540

I then found a few 1958 ads, all similar:

View attachment 130541
and, finally, this 1959 ad advertising a deep discount on Rebere items, which suggested to me the line was being discontinued and/or going out of business:
View attachment 130542
The only other thing I found was this undated reference to a Rebere ballgown. I don't subscribe to Invaluable, so I was not able to see more detail about the gown:
View attachment 130543

Gosh you are a true sleuther! So impressed :)

Back