Teeny by Priscilla dress dating

stillcutevintage

Registered Guest
Hi everyone! I'm so grateful this community exists and I'm hoping you can help me date a Priscilla of Boston dress. This is a dress that's part of the Teeny line. I've seen two different Teeny labels and generally those dresses are dated 60s or 70s.

I want to confirm the era for this dress and haven't been able to find anything exactly like it yet. The style feels like it could even be 80s, but I am not certain on when the Teeny line was discontinued/renamed to Petite.

This dress feels like a satin, has lace appliques, and a train. The sleeves are puffed and the dress seems to be intended to be worn off-the-shoulder.

It has a "Teeny by Priscilla" label and a dry cleaning care label. There is also a Robin zipper (140 USA) on the back. (haven't had any luck dating those either!)

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_3194.JPG
    IMG_3194.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_3193.JPG
    IMG_3193.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_3192.JPG
    IMG_3192.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_3191.JPG
    IMG_3191.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_3190.JPG
    IMG_3190.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 197
" The “Teeny” line, later renamed the “Petite” line, was a more sophisticated title, created for the small woman. The most recent line created, in 1980, was the “Contemporary Romantic” line, a less formal gown for the refined woman. "

This is from the LR - written by Lynne Ranieri. It sounds like the Teeny line was changed to Petite before 1980 when the Contemporary Romantic line was started.

" The “Teeny” line, later renamed the “Petite” line, was a more sophisticated title, created for the small woman. The most recent line created, in 1980, was the “Contemporary Romantic” line, a less formal gown for the refined woman. "

This is from the LR - written by Lynne Ranieri. It sounds like the Teeny line was changed to Petite before 1980 when the Contemporary Romantic line was started.

That was how I read that bit of text, too, about the label introductions. Sounded like the petite label was incorporated before 1980, but the wording isn't super clear if they aren't considering "petite" to be a new line. Sigh.

With a train, I'd say it's a wedding gown, and from the period when Princess Diana's gown made a huge impact, after the 1981 royal wedding.

My thoughts exactly! It screams Diana :)

Gosh it should be a pretty popular style after 'the Crown'.

For any young person I think it's hard to imagine the idolisation and frenzy that surrounded anything princess Diana unless you were around it, something to behold for sure.

Edit: I'd love to see it on a dress form or person!

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly! It screams Diana :)

Gosh it should be a pretty popular style after 'the Crown'.

For any young person I think it's hard to imagine the idolisation and frenzy that surrounded anything princess Diana unless you were around it, something to behold for sure.

Edit: I'd love to see it on a dress form or person!

I plan to take some photos very soon and will post them here! She's too small for my size 6 form :( but I think I can make it work.

Back