Worth the watch - Halston

Thanks for the heads up - my Netflix list keeps growing :hysterical:! Why did I think, oh, I'll keept it just til I have watched The Crown and switch it off again :BAGUSE:. Oh well, at least I've found a cheaper alternative now to my "normal" TV for those channels that I actually do watch.

It's wonderful! And that Krysta Rodriguez! She just embodies Liza Minnelli. Her gestures, dance style, singing, nuanced expressions, a perfect re-creation. The whole show is a tantalizing mix of fashion, music, dance and stellar performances telling this compelling story. I don't want to blaze through it too quickly as I want it to last!

I can't wait to see it!!

It's wonderful! And that Krysta Rodriguez! She just embodies Liza Minnelli. Her gestures, dance style, singing, nuanced expressions, a perfect re-creation. The whole show is a tantalizing mix of fashion, music, dance and stellar performances telling this compelling story. I don't want to blaze through it too quickly as I want it to last!
I agree she is amazing and she doesn't cross the line of parody, like an SNL sketch. Ewan too is impressive at Halston - he doesn't look much like him, but his voice is bang on, and after a while you forget what Halston looked like!

Apparently it was supposed to be an 8 part series, but they were in the midst of filming it when COVID hit. Starting back up kept getting delayed and by last fall actors and others contracted to the production needed to be released to go to other projects, so it was recut and rewritten to cram the story into 5 parts and film only what was necessary to make it flow.

I watched it from beginning to end last night - it was absolutely wonderful.
it's great to see you, Debbie!! i've missed seeing you since we don't work together any more! xo

Back