Welcome back to the upgraded forum

OMG

We can search our DMs now.

IMG_2323.jpeg

From the search box, we have the option of search everywhere or search DMs

Normally I just click on VFG and go right at it. Now I have to log in each time. How can I change that?
If you have the stay logged in box ticked you should check your cookie setting for this website, one in particular handles the remember me option
xf_userThis cookie is used to store a user's "remember me" token, allowing their credentials to persist across multiple sessions.

I don't see a way to see all the recent threads. I only see "unread" threads. And if I comment on a thread and want to go back to it, I cannot find it, as it is no longer "unread". Am I just having a senior moment or? I liked seeing all the recent threads at once, with the unread being bold. Sometimes I want to go back and re-read a thread from days or hours earlier. I really don't like this new of only seeing unread threads at all.

We hope you like the new look
Ruth, I am having problems adjusting to some new features and need your help. I have attached here a screen print of the one that is causing me the most problems and I don't see how to fix it.

As you may be able to see, the font and, well, everything on the page is too large. I don't see any option for settings and, of course, I immediately suspected I must have unwittingly changed it somewhere on my computer, but no other web page I visit has this issue. It is just on the VFG website. I don't remember changing the screen size--or even how I might have done it if I can't find a way to undo it.

Can you help me get it back to a smaller size, so I can see more text on the screen at a time?

Aargh, the screen print attachment is too blurry too see. Let me work on it...

Thanks,
Lynne

Attachments

• Sept2024VFGForumsPage.jpg
    Sept2024VFGForumsPage.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 13
Just to add an observation about my problem...

I went into the settings on my computer, selected Display, and it was correctly set to the recommended 100% size of text and to the recommended Display Resolution of 1920 x 1080.

And, I THINK it is just the Forums page that is doing this to me...

OK! AND I just clicked on Reset on the magnifying glass icon and that fixed my issue...or was it a circle with a + sign in it? Whatever the icon was it immediately disappeared and I have no idea from where it came.

Sorry and thank you.

Last edited:
I don't see a way to see all the recent threads. I only see "unread" threads. And if I comment on a thread and want to go back to it, I cannot find it, as it is no longer "unread". Am I just having a senior moment or? I liked seeing all the recent threads at once, with the unread being bold. Sometimes I want to go back and re-read a thread from days or hours earlier. I really don't like this new of only seeing unread threads at all.

Hi Barbara

There is a filter for Show Only: Unread threads, that you can remove by clicking the X (right hand side of screen in the grey bar).

Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 11.29.26.png

If you want to make this permanent, you can change your default filter setting:

Go to filters at the right hand side, untick Unread, and tick Save As Default. Then click Filter. This give you the way it was before, using Latest.
Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 11.30.31.png

There are various ways to filter threads, and people have different preferences, so you can set it up how you like it.

If you want to find threads on which you have commented, you can find them by filtering for Threads in Which you have Participated. You will then see:
Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 11.37.37.png

You can also find Threads with Your Posts under Find Threads in the purple bar
Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 11.38.25.png

There are various ways to filter threads, and people have different preferences, so you can set it up how you like it.

Thank you, Ruth! I am still getting used to the new nomenclature, and didn't realize I could customize the organization that works best for me.

Back