NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20191004_142336827.jpg P.S. These are photos of one of my very most treasured vintage garments. Just want to share.
Good afternoon/evening/morning, Beloved Fellow Members!
How is everyone? My name is Mette, I live near Philadelphia, PA, US, and, only 10 minutes ago, I finally succeeded at creating an account on this amazing website!! Jippi! I attempted becoming a member a few months ago, but something malfunctioned within cyberspace. Right after, my precious, loving, still-young cat, Baby, suddenly and unexpectedly died on September 5. On top of that, my family and I had no idea Baby had died--my stepfather found her poor dead body on October 2. She died fewer than 2 weeks after being diagnosed with cancer. I'm sure anyone reading this gets it when I say that doing anything but trying to keep going, grieve, etc, fell by the wayside for a while. I just adopted a new, young cat, fewer than 3 weeks ago, named Stormy. All is looking up!
Anyway, as soon as I successfully confirmed my registration, then successfully logged into this site, WOW!!! Immediately, I was blissfully flooded, for the first time in my life, with, "Hallelujah! I am finally home--among people who share the same passionate, authentic, dedicated, important, and wonderfully-joyful interest in antique and vintage clothing, accessories, fabrics, sewing patterns, and certainly much other fascinating areas of our world/community! Thank you, Lord--at long last, I no longer feel alone!" I'm so grateful to everyone who belongs to the Vintage Fashion Guild--every single one of you all, no matter where you are located/gender/age, tra la la. Thank you all so much for allowing me to join--and for free! I've been dedicated, since 1994, to the joy, fun, and excitement that vintage and antique clothing have given me all these years. It has always been, and shall forever remain, an intensely-meaningful privilege, since Senior Year in high school, living/dressing/learning about/caring for/locating/obtaining nearly anything which truly is authentic vintage or antique garments, and much else. Today, I'm all the way at age 43 (!). At this point in life, my collection has grown so tremendously that I often refer to my antique and vintage garments as, "The Museum, a viewpoint I realized many years ago. And I have had very many happy and enlightening times all these years whenever I've spent any time engaging in vintage + antique activities of every sort. But...until today, I was alone in our world. I have attempted to bond with a number of others, since 17, in the form of talking about the clothing, etc, I was head-over-heels in love with from Day 1. Unfortunately, until today, I never became friends at all with one single person to whom I'd disclosed this amazing passion. I don't hold that former loneliness, nor any emotional deprivation against anyone. Whoever might be reading this, please know that. Life is sometimes unfair/disappointing/painful/not what one expected it would be. I've always been aware of that, and never attributed my failures at finding others, with whom I hoped to spend time participating together in vintage's/antique's usual, super-fun activities. I was just unlucky, just as so many other people in this world end up being. No big deal, right?
But yay! I finally stepped up to the plate today! I am so blessed and happy, now that I can join in the forums on this miraculous website, run by what

Hi, fellow vintage nerds! I've been using this site for five (i think?) years but haven't gotten myself an account until now. Since I want to get involved in the vintage fashion rabbit hole even further. I've worked in a top tier vintage clothing store for four years but I'm looking at starting my own web shop and hopefully in the future show room / physical store. Huge nerd about 60's and 70's fashion and love a good knitted tee and a pair of platforms. Queer gender bender guy who wears men and womens clothing. Looking forward to maybe help contribute to new brands and labels and talk vintage clothing.

Volter
(Just wanted to share something! Like a good pair of 60's Levis big E womens poly pants and a swedish 60's (Benny Andersson from ABBA had one exactly like this) sanfor shirt.)
RizxZ8b.jpg

ZRne77D

Hello friends and thank you for the invite
I am so happy I’ve found you all. My story began, the last few months I’ve had to start caring for my mother. We’ve had a storage in the back of my dads shop that hasn’t been touched literally for 30 years. It contains my mom, sister and my clothes from the 60’s and 70’s. We moved overseas when I was 12 and so they are in mint condition. Some still have original tags. I would love to find out more about reselling but don’t know where to start. It’s been so fun sifting through these storage containers, time capsule rather. And would love to share with all of you fellow vintage lovers.
thanks again

Hello @ShelleyBell ! How fortunate to have a time capsule of vintage clothing!

If you'd like to have a look at what VFG Trade Members use for our Code of Practice, it might help understand reselling: https://vintagefashionguild.org/vfg-code-of-practice/

We won't be able to help you with pricing, but you can get a feel for the going rates from eBay sold items. We are happy to try to help with other details, such as era, design features, and fabric types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back